‘To promote and develop sport and sports facilities in the town of Marlborough, Wiltshire’
To be achieved by;
- supporting Sports Clubs in the town by providing a forum for meeting and providing expertise and creating an awareness of Clubs within the media and
- encouraging young people to participate in sport and, where appropriate, providing financial assistance.
- the principal source of funding to be an annual headline event
- regular ad hoc events be held at member clubs to help awareness of other club’s facilities and to provide fund raising for both the host club and the Sports Forum.
With the intention of;
- Sharing information
- Helping to promote Financial stability of clubs
- Helping new and existing clubs to refine/create a compliant constitution
- Acting as a conduit to Town Council through the Council representative
- Helping to identify sources of funding for clubs and help with application for grants
- Helping clubs in any way to ensure their sustainability
- Creating awareness of clubs and their facilities
- Representing sport generally in Marlborough
- Creating and maintaining a Sports Forum web-site
- Raising awareness of Sports Forum and its objectives in schools, by use of Town Council web-site and in the local media.